Mary's Journey

A blog to honor our loving wife, mother and "Grammy" we love so dearly

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

On May 13, 2008, our entire life changed due to Mary's diagnosis of Breast Cancer. Since May 13, Mary has experienced many tough and trying days but, as she has always done, she has held her head high and displayed more courage than anyone I have ever known. She is determined to fight and is willing to do whatever she has to do to beat this awful disease.

On July 1, 2008, Mary had her very first Chemo treatment and, for the first time, I saw fear in her eyes but, as always, she faced it head on and fought back tears and fear as she did. For me, July 1 was the hardest day yet because on that date, the Chemo drugs were administered and this whole ugly, scary, disease became a reality. May 13, 2008 was devestating; May 22, 2008 was devestating and heartbreaking......July 1, 2008 was totally overwhelming.

In 40 years of marriage to this beautiful, strong, couareous and loving woman, she has been there for me through more than twenty-five operations, she has given me two beautiful, loving and caring duaghters and is now a very loving "Gammie" to our two beautiful granddaughters, Ava and Allie. Those two little ones are giving Mary the "extra" courage she needs during this difficult time, she constantly has their pictures close by and has not gone to the hospital without clutching their pictures, they are the light of her life, as are Amy and Emily. It is now my time to be there for her and, as she has always done for me, I will be right by her side until we defeat this terrible disease.

I want to say THANK YOU to our beautiful daughters Amy and Emily for all the love, support and help they have given us. Amy and Emily are on this journey with us and have been a true inspiration to me and to their Mother. We are so proud of you both. I know that Amy, Emily and their husbands (our two sons) Scott and Mike will continue to be there for Mary and for me and I want them to know how much they are all loved and appreciated; you are all the very best and we appreciate so much all that the four of you have done and continue to do.

I want to say THANK YOU to my wonderful and loving sisters Linda and Pam and to my fantastic and loving brother-in-law (my best friend) Jimmy. Your prayers, concern and phone calls have meant the world to Mary and to me. We love you all tremendously.

I want to say THANK YOU to Tom and Barbara Zachary; their daughter's Amye and Angie; their son Mark and his wife Julie; their lovely daughters and to all the wonderful and caring people at the Zachary's Church who have prayed for Mary. You are all loved and appreciated

To all of Amy and Emily's friends who have been so supportive and who have sent cards, notes and have sent up many prayers, I also say THANK YOU.

To all the Wilson family who have been supportive and caring I also say THANK YOU. Mary and I appreciate the prayers and concern.

I want everyone to know that through our faith in the Lord, we WILL get through this terrible time. I'll do my best to keep everyone posted on Mary's journey. Most of all, I want all to know what a fantastic woman I am married to. I am so proud of her and am amazed every day at the courage she has shown. I thought I loved her more than I could ever love anyone....I was wrong....I love her more now than at anytime during the past forty-one years. I am so blessed to have her and I want everyone to know that I will see that she has everything she needs in order to beat this awful disease.

To update all, she had a rough night last night after her first treatment and did not feel very well this morning. She was able to sleep some earlier today and is now resting and feeling somewhat better.

Again, thank you all!

Ron

2 Comments:

At July 3, 2008 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Misti said...

I wanted to say hello and let you guys know that I think about you everyday. I don't see you talk to you much but you guys have done some very nice things for me at hard times in my life and I wanted you to know I love you both you are like family to me. You guys are so strong and I know you will pull through this. I hope I get to see you next time I am in town!
MISTI

 
At July 5, 2008 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Sandy said...

Ron and Mary, I wanted to tell you both that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I realize how hard this struggle is for both of you and ask God to send you love and light to see you thru this. If john and I can do anything to help you out please let us know. Thank you for being good to my son Michael. Sandra and John Cost

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home