Mary's Journey

A blog to honor our loving wife, mother and "Grammy" we love so dearly

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 23, 2008

Well, this is the day after Mary's second chemo treatment and I must say, she has tolerated this one much better than she did her first. I continue to be amazed at her strength and am so very proud of her.

We go for the first of five consecutive "support drug" injections tomorrow (she does get the weekend off). These drugs usually cause a lot of bone pain and discomfort so, she will likely have a rough week ahead. As has been the case since the beginning, Mary is ready to get started tomorrow with the first injection.

She gets to see little Allie and Ava this evening for the first time in over a week and she is very excited about seeing them. I know that Ava is excited to see her "Grammy" too. It should be a nice evening for her. Allie is beginning to notice everyone and will soon know who her Grammy and Paw Paw are when she sees us

As a show of support, I had my hair cut very short this morning. It's the first "buzz" cut I've had since October, 1966, when I joined the Air Force. I kind of like it and may keep it this way. I didn't have that much hair anymore anyway and what I did have was silver and falling out.

Anyway, Mary is doing pretty well and looks rested and relaxed. She continues to get very nice cards from her co-workers and from many of our friends and family. You are all appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Ron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home